Why should you start a blog?
- You have something unique to share with the world and you can potentially impact others!
- You can create your own community.
- Network with other bloggers.
- Make money! You can create another stream of income by monetizing your blog.
I’ve laid out all the 6 simple steps for how to start a blog!
*Some links used are affiliate links, meaning should you choose to use them I earn a percentage of the sales, so thank you in advance if you decide to make your purchase through them! Please view my Privacy and Disclosure pages for more information.
1.Figure out a domain name and a niche (a blog topic)
2.Buy and Register the Domain name
5 of the many reasons why I love Siteground, and you will too:
- It is low cost & affordable. Plans start at only $3.95 a month!
- Amazing support from Day 1 even before you even officially sign up with them. Once I signed up, someone actually called me to make sure everything went well! They have 24-hour customer service available via chat or the phone!
- Super simple to set up. When I started blogging I literally had no clue what I was doing. And if I could figure out how to set up Siteground with WordPress, I assure you that you can too!
- Additionally, Siteground checks of the requirement of being self-hosted in order to make money from your blog.
- Your site will be legitimate—It comes with security certificate so that your site can be https instead of http. This will help you appear more professional to your readers and potential sponsors! I Personally close out of sites that alert me that they don’t have that security certificate. In addition that that security feature, Siteground stays up to date with all the firewalls and other important security concerns.
4.Sign up for WordPress
I may be biased because I use WordPress but it is super simple and works well with most hosting platforms. All you have to do is make your free account and connect it to your hosting platform and you will be up and running. I know others like Squarespace or Wix as well, but I can only recommend what I have personally used for this guide on how to start a blog!
5.Install a theme
There are a ton of free theme options out there that you can get started with. The Genesis framework is a popular one that works well for bloggers who also monetize their sites. I got my theme from Etsy here. It wasn’t free but it was at a good price point for me. It is important to note that if you purchase a theme or have one made you are likely to stand out a little more because fewer people will also have your theme!
6.Get to writing!
Start sharing all of your ideas and useful information with the world! It is a good idea to batch write a few posts before officially launching so when you’re readers come to your new site they can read a few things to get to know you. If you decide to start a blog or have any more questions on how to start a blog, leave it in the comments below, I’d love to check out your new blog!
P.S. If you want to know my favorite new blogger apps to make your life easier I have a post on those here.
abbyy finereader 14 corporate keygen
I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme? Fantastic work!
Thank you! Yes, I did! I use Everchic designs on Etsy! They are super helpful and responsive!