These energy bites are one of our go-to snacks! We love to meal prep at our house to save time though the week. One thing we like to keep on hand is healthy snacks. It makes it so much easier to make healthy choices when your healthy snacks are already prepared.
I’m also a huge fan of recipes that don’t require a ton of ingredients! If you want to know how to make this quick and easy recipe keep reading. You can be done with this whole thing in 20 minutes or less. There are only 5 Steps required.
*I originally saw a recipe for this on the back of the Trader Joe’s flaxseed back but have tweaked it a little for how I put my spin on it!
Ingredients for the chocolate chip energy bites:
- 1 Cup of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed meal
- 1/2 cup of crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup
- Cinnamon or pumpkin spice seasoning
- Materials: Large mixing bowl, baking sheet, and parchment paper (optional)
Instructions for the energy bites:
- Mix all of the ingredients into a large bowl
- Form the mixture into 1″ balls
- Place balls on a baking sheet
- Freeze for 1 hour until the balls are all set
- Store the energy bites the fridge for the remainder of the week
I know some people have allergies, so you can try to switch out ingredients as needed. I recommend figuring out your perfect mix of ingredients and really making this snack your own!
Is this a recipe you can see yourself trying? Let me know if you end up making them and how they turn out. I hope you enjoy them! Be sure to follow me on Instagram here to see what other quick recipes I share!
I’ve also shared a few easy smoothie recipes here that are great for a snack as well!